Attributes are data that represent a character's basic physical and mental abilities. A character's attributes can be improved by increasing the corresponding skills and by wearing equipment that grants the appropriate bonuses.
- "The amount of currently available, as well as maximum health, is derived from the Constitution attribute"
- See the constitution attribute below.
- "Increased Constitution results in a greater health pool for a combatant."
- A character's maximum health pool is determined by its constitution. The value can be calculated by multiplying the constitution value by 5. You can raise your constitution 3 points for every point put into the Medic skill. By assigning maximum points to the medic skill a character can have an additional 150 HP.
- "Strength allows a combatant to attack more effectively with melee weapons, dealing more damage."
- Strength affects melee damage. Strength can be raised by putting points into the Melee Weapon.
- "Increased Reflexes allow a combatant to attack faster and have a chance to deal a preventive strike. Additionally, the chance to block increases by one third per Reflex Point."
- Reflexes affects character's turns. Characters with higher Reflexes get to act first. It also affects chance to block (Each 3 Reflex points increases Block chance by 1%)
- Reflexes can only be raised by equipment.
- "Increased Perception results in increased damage when using Pistols, Assault rifles and shotguns."
- Perception affects minimum and maximum damage of firearms. Perception is increased by raising any of the 3 firearms skill, making it the easiest to improve.
- "Increased intelligence results in more effective damage done by poison, splinter and fire damage."
- Intelligence affects damage by Engineering attacks and traps. It is increased by raising Engineering combat skill.
- "Critical Hits increase the damage of an attack by 50%. This can result in devastating damage when performing chain attacks. Raising the Survival skill level increases the chance of Critical Hits."
- Chance to block is increased by raising the Survival skill.
Chance to Block
- "Blocking an attack reduced (sic) the damage received by 50% and prevents negative status effects like Stun, or K.O. The attribute Reflex increases the chance to block by a third."'
- Chance to block is increased by raising the Cunning skill.
- "Defense reduces damage taken by melee, throwing weapons and firearms."
- Defense is increased by raising Craft skill.
- "Resistance reduces damage taken by fire, traps or poison."
- Resistance is increased by raising Medicine skill.